What’s New with Garmin Forerunner 610?
The Garmin Forerunner 610 is the first touch screen running watch of Garmin. Incorporating all the best features of previous forerunners with additional new features, Garmin 610 is the most advanced running watch ever produced by Garmin. Runners will surely love this small piece of technology. Not only that it boasts with its outstanding features, the watch’s user interface has also been improved. Likewise, the addition of the new Training Effect Technology makes it a robust training device.
Perhaps the instant wow component of Garmin 610 is its touch screen feature. The interface is so user-friendly that all you have to do is to drag your finger across the watch’s surface to pick and scroll through the menus and then just tap to make a selection. However, unlike the touchscreen mobile phones, Garmin 610 responds to to pressure instead of touch. And although it is a little wider than previous forerunners, it is not as wide as the stopwatches but the screen is wide enough to provide a good screen display.
Since Garmin is the first to put GPS on runners’ wrists, Garmin Forerunner 610 provides you with the same GPS capabilities. With a touch, tap or swipe, the Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch lets you get on with your run while it tracks all the details.
Here are a quick rundown of the features of Garmin Forerunner 610
- A Touch Faster – Forerunner 610 gives you several ways to get in touch with your training data. The swipe and scroll action makes it easy to adjust settings, review your run history and more. A quick tap of the screen is all it takes to advance to the next training page so you can see more data.
The 610’s sleek touch screen is as rugged as it is functional, proving it’s more than just a pretty face. The 610 can stand up to rain, sweat and splashes, yet it’s sensitive enough that you can operate it with running gloves.
- Leader of the Pack – Behind that smooth glass surface is a watch that’s ready to work as hard as you are. The 610 provides accurate distance, pace, GPS position, heart rate (included in some models), calories and more. It can even guide you back to the starting point of your run, giving you the freedom to explore new routes and always find your way back.
- Advanced Features – Training tools like the new Virtual Racer™ can turn any workout into a virtual matchup. This feature lets you race your previous bests or challenge any activities uploaded to the Garmin Connect™ site. Virtual Racer accounts for varying speeds and real-time conditions, so it’s truly you vs. your opponent. Or, use the Virtual Partner® function and see how you measure up to a static pace you set. Forerunner 610 also offers vibration alerts, which you can customize for time, distance, calories, heart rate or cadence. So, when you reach your targets, you’ll feel a gentle vibration.
- Training Effect – It’s time for a sport watch that can help you train smarter, not harder and the 610 can do just that. It’s Garmin’s first sport watch with the Training Effect capability from Firstbeat. Training Effect measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness, which essentially helps you train more efficiently. Your Training Effect is calculated based on your user profile, your heart rate and the difficulty of the activity. The 610 also offers customizable heart rate zones, alerts and heart-rate based calorie computations.
- Store, Analyze and Share – When your workout’s done, Forerunner 610 keeps working. It wirelessly uploads your run data to the Garmin Connect™ site when in range of your computer so you can go back and review your run on your own time. It works via ANT+™ wireless technology and the USB stick that comes with your watch. No wires, no manual uploads, no sweat. At Garmin Connect, you can see your activity on a map, view lap splits and explore activities from other users. Garmin Connect is Mac® and PC compatible.
- Monitor Your Health – You also can track weight, body fat, body water and six other measurements when using the Forerunner 610 with the Tanita BC-1000 body composition scale. The readings are stored on Forerunner 610, and then automatically sent to Garmin Connect when in range of your computer.
- What’s in the Box?
- Garmin Forerunner 610
- Premium heart rate monitor
- AC charger
- Charging cradle
- USB ANT stick
- Quick start manual
- Owner’s manual on disk
See Garmin Forerunner 610 in Action
[vsw id="hoX3-ywuGyU" source="youtube" width="425" height="344" autoplay="no"]